Responsible Sale of Alcohol Policy
Rusty Barrel Spirits practices the responsible service of alcohol. If you look under the age of 25 you will be asked to present valid photo identification. We will not serve intoxicated persons. Under the Liquor Act 2007 it is against the law to sell or supply alcohol to, or to obtain alcohol on behalf of, a person under the age of 18 years.
General Terms & Conditions
- www.rustybarrelspirits.com.au is operated by Voyce Holdings Pty Ltd trading as Rusty Barrel Spirits. Your contract of sale is with Rusty Barrel Spirits, Liquor Licence number LIQP770017581 as the liquor is sold from our website by the holder of that Liquor Licence. Accordingly, the sale of liquor pursuant to an offer to purchase from this website is made at the licensed premises attached to the applicable Liquor Licence.
- By accessing this website, You acknowledge that You are 18 years or older and have read and understood the Terms and that You agree to be bound by the Terms. If You do not agree to the Terms or have not reached 18 years of age then you must not use this website.
- “Our”, “We”, and “Us” means Voyce Holdings Pty Ltd T/as Rusty Barrel Spirits and “You” and “Your” means the customer having an account with Us or placing an order with us.
Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Rusty Barrel Spirits takes the responsible service of alcohol very seriously. If you, the customer, look under 25 and are unable to present valid photo identification, your order will be cancelled.
- If anyone present at the premises at the time of delivery looks under 25 and is not able to present valid photo identification, your order will be cancelled.
- If you, the customer, show signs of intoxication either when placing your order or at the time of delivery, your order will be cancelled.
- Alcohol cannot be left unattended for any reason at any time.
- We reserve the right to refuse service at our sole discretion; this may be because of our concern for a customer's welfare and our commitment to responsible service in the community.
- The delivery address supplied by You must be in Australia. We are not permitted to ship product internationally.
- By placing an order with Us You are confirming that You are 18 years or older. It is illegal for Us to sell alcohol to anyone under the age of 18.
- When You give Us Your credit or debit card details You are confirming that You are either the card holder, or that You have permission from the card holder to use the card for the purpose of ordering sprits from Us.
- Title to the product remains with Us until we receive the full price of the product from you in cleared funds.
- We reserve the right to cancel any orders We cannot fulfil for any reason. If Your order is cancelled We will contact You to inform You of the cancellation and refund any money You have paid Us for that order.
- If your order has been cancelled because you cannot present valid photo identification or you are intoxicated, your order will also be refunded, except for the delivery fee, which will be charged.
- If your order has been cancelled because you were unable to accept delivery because of an incorrect address or phone number, your order will be refunded, except for the delivery fee, which will be charged.
- Due to liquor licensing regulations, we are unable to leave orders on your doorstep or at any other address other than the delivery address listed on the customer order.
- Customers must be able to present valid photo identification to receive their order.
- If Your order goes missing, or is damaged, between dispatch and delivery, We will send You a replacement order as soon as We can. If We are unable to dispatch replacement goods within 7 days We will offer You a full refund. For these purposes, delivery takes place when products are left at the delivery address specified in Your order.
- If Your order is undeliverable we will contact you to arrange for re-delivery. We may charge you a fee for any re-deliveries.
- Risk of damage, loss or deterioration to the product passes to You on delivery.
Damaged or Defective Goods
- Our goods and services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. For major failures with the service, you are entitled:
- to cancel your service contract with us; and
- to a refund for the unused portion, or to compensation for its reduced value.
- You are also entitled to choose a refund or replacement for major failures with goods. If a failure with the goods or a service does not amount to a major failure, you are entitled to have the failure rectified in a reasonable time.
- If this is not done you are entitled to a refund for the goods and to cancel the contract for the service and obtain a refund of any unused portion.
- You are also entitled to be compensated for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage from a failure in the goods or service.
We shall not be responsible to You if we are unable to deliver Your order or if we are prevented from performing our obligations under these Terms due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control. We will notify you of any delays to your delivery. However, if we are prevented from performing our obligations beyond a reasonable time then we may, at our discretion, elect to cancel Your order and provide a refund or credit to the value of the cancellation without further liability to You.
Rusty Barrel Spirits Safe Delivery Procedure
Rusty Barrel Spirits handles deliveries in accordance with the following scenarios:
Person in attendance at Delivery Address
- If the person at the address is judged to be under 25 years of age, proof of age including photo identification will be requested.
- If suitable proof of age identification cannot be produced, that person will be advised that the parcel will be carded to a Post Office or Courier depot where the article can be collected on the production of suitable proof of age ID (Photo ID). A delivery notification card will be provided for this purpose.
- If there are persons at the address who cannot provide proof of age ID and the parcel contains a “Delivery Instruction” providing the authority to leave the article, the “Delivery Instruction” is not to be followed. In these circumstances the article will be carded to the nearest Post Office.
No-one in attendance at Delivery Address
- Delivery will be attempted by knocking on the door or ringing the doorbell and waiting a short time for the customer to respond.
- If there is no-one in attendance at the address, the parcel will be carded to the nearest Post Office or Courier depot as per standard carding procedures.
- If the parcel does contains a “Delivery Instruction" providing authority to leave the parcel at the address, we are unable to follow that instruction for 2 reasons. 1. We believe it is not responsible service of alcohol to leave alcohol where minors might access it. 2. Often parcel from Rusty Barrel Spirits contains valuable items and leaving parcels unattended makes insurance of the parcel invalid.
- Ordinary parcels containing alcohol are not permitted to be safe dropped. If no-one is in attendance the parcel will be carded to the nearest Post Office or Courier depot as per the standard carding procedure.
Delivery is returned to Rusty Barrel Spirits (RTS)
- Where the customer is at fault and the package is returned (e.g. you entered an incorrect address on your order), you (the customer) will be refunded immediately, less all shipping fees including the return shipping fee.
- You may elect for us resend the parcel by repaying the shipping fee.
- If Rusty Barrel Spirits is at fault for the package return, then we will cover this fee.
- As there is no insurance option for RTS parcels, you must be take great care to wrap and pack the returned items so they are not damaged in transit.
- If the returned parcel is damaged in transit, you will be responsible for paying to replace the damaged item.
Responsible Service of Alcohol Delivery
Whilst the “Delivery Instructions” will be observed in most instances, when it is determined that following the “Delivery Instruction” may create a risk of a minor under the age of 18 gaining access to the parcel ie. children sighted on premises etc, the article will not be left in accordance with the “Delivery Instruction” but carded to the nearest Post Office or courier depot for collection.